Salespeople are used to hearing “no.” These tactics help them get past that and work toward that yes.
What can you do to turn ‘no’ into ‘yes’ and feel confident in doing so? Which subconscious beliefs are limiting you? And which are helping you? Sales is rejection-heavy, so if you want to be successful in sales, you may have to adapt your tactics. Sales training (skills) could help, but the real intervention on the level of beliefs is much more powerful and effective.
“We’re all in the business of persuading people to do things–sometimes things they don’t necessarily want to do. Is your coworker really happy about picking up the slack while you’re on vacation? Is your sister genuinely okay with you borrowing her car for the weekend?”
The tactics that Jeb Blount states are the following:
- Train for rejection like soldiers prepare for battle
- Visualize the outcome you want, not the one you don’t want
- Try ‘murder-boarding’ before you ask
- Learn how to shut up and listen
- Instead of an “all-or-nothing” question, ask for a micro-commitment.
All helpful tactics. Let us know how you’ve used these!
#subconscious #beliefs #nerdsofhumandevelopment #sales #salestraining #leadership #development
For the original article, click here.